The Buffet Framework is a theme framework designed not only for the theme developers who will be using the theme actions and filters to create the child themes, but also for the end users who would be able to add and remove what they want.
Like most WordPress theme frameworks, the Buffet Framework utlises WordPress actions and filters to allow theme developers to add additional content without editing the templates files using the child theme concept.
For more information about parent and child themes in WordPress, check out the WordPress Codex.
Another key feature of this framework is the usage of extensions. Theme developers can group a set of action and filter functions into a class and register it as a theme extension. With it, users of the child theme itself can enable/disable that extension easily whenever they want via the options panel.
- Search Engine Optimization – includes many SEO features such as breadcrumbs, headings, canonical URLs
- Support for Microformats – compatible with some of the microformats like hAtom, hCard and XOXO
- jQuery Powered – comments form validation, SuperSleight for IE6, Superfish menus, jBreadcrumb included
- Packaged with CSS Frameworks – comes with 960gs and Blueprint CSS
- Action & Filter Hooks - using the parent-child theme concept (with inline documentation)
- Theme Options – organized in tabs, with features such as custom RSS feed links and custom footer messages
- Theme Extensions – allow end-users to enable/disable features using the extensions feature
- Plugin Compatibility – works with WP-PageNavi, WP-Print, Subscribe to Comments and more
- Localization – fully localized, ready for translation
- Free, Open Source – under the General Public License (GPL) v3
- WordPress 2.7 and above
- PHP5 (PHP4 not supported)
Download the Buffet Framework (0.5.2)
Development & Support
- Project Page
- Theme Actions Reference
- Theme Filters Reference
- Helpers Function Reference – Coming Soon
Quick Start Guide
- Part 1: Child Theme Creation & Stylesheet – View
Please report any bugs using the tracker in the project page. If you have any suggestions about the framework, feel free to post it there too.
If you are interested in translating this framework into your language, contact me.